CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Fun


We went to Zoo Boo on Sunday. I must say, I was impressed by the job they did at the Erie Zoo! The only problem was that it was 35 FRICKING DEGREES when we went, so we had to make a last minute costume change. Instead of Strawberry Shortcake, we decided to go as a black kitty. Shoot, I should have dressed her as a snowboarder or something, it was sooo cold! But hey, it wasn't busy and crowded, at least! Ha! (Yeah, that's me...always looking for the silver lining...)

But, the girls had a great time despite the cold. I get so much joy out of watching them. :)

Then, as if to continue the Miserable Weather When Trying To Have Fun phenomenon, I signed up to be a driver/chaperone for the preschool field trip to the pumpkin farm today. While getting ready this morning, I realized that it was raining. Oh, joy. We got all the kids strapped into vehicles and set off in the rain. When we got to the farm, it was still sprinkling off and on, but we decided to make the best of it anyway. We got to take a hayride to the pumpkin patch and the kids got to pick their own mini-pumpkin! Fun! Then they played in a fort made of hay, had lunch, and by that time the Weather Gods showed mercy on us and the sun came out! After lunch they got to go on the huge slides (wet and muddy, woohoo), a corn maze, and saved the best for last -- the corn box! Yes. A giant sand box filled with corn. They all thought it was the best.thing.ever! The kids were so worn out, they fell asleep on the way back to school. Aww!

And, I learned that it's possible to fit 3 full-backed booster seats in the back seat of my Jeep, just not easy. ;)

1 comment:

  1. aw that sounds so fun!! I'm glad the weather eased up a little for the field trip :) Sami looks adorable in her kitty costume! What a cutie pie!! :D

    ReplyDelete