CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Head, meet Wall...

Today sucked. I mean really. I'm pretty ill-tempered at the moment, so I'm not sure what kind of blog we'll end up with. Should be interesting, at any rate!

I'm frantically trying to get my house cleaned and laundry done and everything tidy in order to drive the 12 hours to my sister's house on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. And work every day on top of it. Oh, and pack for both my daughter and myself. And probably my husband too, since he'll ask me where everything is anyway.

So, I get to work at 2, and promptly find out that BOTH of the people who were supposed to close with me called off. Thankfully, the lady working til 8 said she could stay til 10 to help me out, otherwise I'd have been up a proverbial creek with no paddle. Then, I realize that I've been PMS'ing, since I had a, shall we say, surprise visit from Aunt Flo. Awesome! After I take care of that, I get myself a candy bar and listen to a voicemail from my stepsister. She's riding along with me on our road trip, so I was planning on picking her up from the bus station on Tuesday afternoon. (A little backstory, picking her up at the bus station will involve me taking an extended "lunch", driving downtown to get her, take her back to my house, then go back to work and finish my shift. Good times.)
This voicemail she left me asked if I could meet her halfway between her aunt's house (where she is now) and my house. Wha-? Sooo . . . she wants me to work til 4, go get my 3 year old daughter, get on the road by 5 or so, drive 2 hours, pick her up, probably eat something, drive the 2 hours home and then call it a night. Umm, no. That's just not going to work for me. Thanks anyway. I'll stick with Plan A, thank you very much.

On top of all of that, I have to deal with the most miserly, cheap, mean, miserable customers on the face 0f the planet. Honestly! I've never seen anything like it before! They will haggle over a dime. Actually take the time and gas to drive back to the store to return something that was 19 cents. I just don't get it!! And the thing that infuriates me is when they blame it on the economy. Yeah, I get it. The economy sucks. But that does NOT give you permission to treat people like crap like that!! Makes me want to bash my head off the wall.

The one bright spot right now is my daughter and the portraits I got of her yesterday. She's just so stinking cute, I can't even stand it! I had the toughest time picking out the ones I wanted to buy. ::melts::

No comments:

Post a Comment