CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Excuse me?

Where did the attitude come from?? My three (soon-to-be-four) year old has been posessed by a teenager. What. The. Hell?



See? Cute three year old. However, I fear that this is in my future.



Sure, you can say I started the ball rolling by teaching her to use black eyeliner so early....but no. I don't think that's it. Cute kitty whiskers do not equal surly, over-makeuped, under-dressed teenagers. I just can't figure out where this attitude is coming from. Just the other day she asked me for some juice. Innocent enough, right? Well, I'll let you be the judge of that.

Sami: Mama, can I please have some more juice?
Me: Sure. Just give me a minute to finish unloading the groceries and I'll get you some.
S: (waits roughly 15 seconds) Hellooo-oooh. I said I wanted more juice.

Uhhh, excuse me?!? If I'd even entertained the notion of talking to my mother like that at ANY age, I'd still be picking my teeth out of the back of her hand. But the thing that kills me is that the girl is respectful to other adults. But to me? All bets are off. And it's making my blood pressure top out. Whoever said that "3 is the new 13" had no idea just how right they were! I have no clue what to do with her now, let alone when she's a hormonal, irrational, snotty, self-important teenager. Gah. Someone hold me please. Or send booze. And chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment