CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Let it snow!

Welcome to the Weekly ADM Blog Hop. Anyone can join in! Just blog on topic between now and next Monday, include the MckLinky code (below) in your post, and hop on over to your fellow bloggers!

This week's topic:

Here in Cleveland we are snowed in but everywhere has days where cabin fever can creep in. What are your favorite indoor activities to do with your kids?

Ok. So first of all, we're not in Cleveland anymore, we're residing in balmy Erie, PA now. But, for the first time in recorded history (I think), CLEVELAND has more snow than ERIE. It's some sort of alternate universe. Or maybe the beginning of the apocalypse. Not sure. But anywow, there are things that we do to bide our time indoors while the flakes are a-flyin' outside.

I work out of the house, so at preschool they do a lot of art projects and such. This carries over to our home time. She LOOOOOOVES to draw/color/paint/whatever. An art project?? Sign her up. Heh. Just the other day, she asked if she could go outside and color on the sidewalk with her chalk. Nevermind the foot and a half of snow out there. It's time to color!!! She gets that naturally, by the way. When I was her age, I used to say that I was going to be an "ArtistTeacherMother" when I grew up... 2 out of 3 ain't bad ...

Oh yeah, right. Back to the topic at hand. :)

So, art. That's a biggie. She also loves pretend play. She's extremely independent, and veeeerrrry creative. We got her a kitchen 2 Christmases ago (well, actually Santa got it for her, but who's counting?) She plays with it every day. Still. She'll "cook" us food and snacks. I hear her playing in her kitchen, feeding her babies and stuffed animals. Sometimes scolding them and putting them in Time Out. Playing Mommy. She told me the other day that she wanted to me ME when she grows up. ::melts::

Right. I keep getting side tracked. Hehehe.

One thing we used to do to keep her occupied when she was a baby is not unlike playing "fetch", but it was heeelarious. When she started walking and talking, Steve and I would have her "deliver" things from one room to the other. For instance, I'd be in the kitchen (presumably making dinner) and he'd be in the living room. I'd hear him say, "go take this to Mama" and she'd come toddling into the kitchen, giggling the whole way, carrying whatever treasure (i.e. Random Object) he wanted me to have. She'd come in carrying a remote control. I'd send her back out to him, carrying a plastic cup. He'd send her back with a couch pillow. I'd have her take him a bag of rice. So on and so forth. Then, after a few trips, we'd have her deliver the items back to the rooms from which they originated, thus ending the game. Seriously, this would keep her busy for a looong time. And, it also wore her out really well. ::evil grin::

We're pretty laid back. We find fun stuff to do when we can't get outside to play. But the bottom line is, we spend time together. And that's what matters. So let it snow. We can handle it!


MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for Aellyn to color and do art (she puts everything in her mouth still)! That delivery girl idea is great!

    ReplyDelete